PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels and Thunderbirds Suffer Crashes Today

StormILM
June 2nd, 2016, 14:10
Just heard the news that both the Blues and the Thunderbirds suffered crashes today. The Thunderbirds F-16 crashed at Colorado Springs and the Pilot ejected safely but early reports about the Blue Angels mishap in Nashville indicate a Pilot fatality. Terrible day indeed.

Blackbird686
June 2nd, 2016, 14:57
The Blue Angels jet crashed in Smyrna, Tennessee while on practice maneuvers for an upcoming airshow. The pilot did not survive. The pilot of the Thunderbirds jet was able to eject safely. Still... not a good day for military aviation, and a tragedy for the NAVY, and the family and friends of the F-18 pilot.

BB686:US-flag:

Allen
June 2nd, 2016, 15:04
Sad news!

Also call Canada to warn the Snowbirds! Bad things come in 3s and the look like the prime target to be the 3rd unless the P-47 crash was the 1st....

StormILM
June 2nd, 2016, 15:54
The Blues Pilot who was lost was #6 Captain Jeff Kuss, Unites States Marine Corps

manfredc3
June 2nd, 2016, 16:24
I live 20 minutes from the KCOS airport.

The Thunderbird is pretty much intact after the crash landing, with just the nose looking buckled. So no fireball effect or wide spread debris.

The pilot ejected on time, and is unharmed.
That is the best news out of this one...... NO casualties.

airattackimages
June 2nd, 2016, 19:55
Composite of one of my shots from El Centro this February of Capt Kuss. :( Blue Skies, Marine.

https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7161/27150804310_a89628ff48_o.jpg

stansdds
June 3rd, 2016, 01:26
:sorrow: Very sad day.

this4dave2
June 3rd, 2016, 07:03
this is scarey according to the link below about half way down the story it states they were both flying the #6 aircraft

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/02/thunderbird-crash-colorado-springs/

airattackimages
June 3rd, 2016, 09:49
Correct, both were the 6 jets.

Rami
June 4th, 2016, 04:34
Good morning,

I couldn't believe that both crashes occurred on the same day...and now flooding kills another nine soldiers when a tactical vehicle is swept away in floodwaters at Fort Hood, with three more soldiers wounded. Not a good couple of days for our military, to be sure.

Navy Chief
June 4th, 2016, 11:30
Here at the Home of the Blue Angels, Pensacola, the entire city is showing support for the Blue Angel team and their families. There is a makeshift memorial at the military park downtown, with a picture of Capt. Kuss, UCMJ, surrounded by flowers and candles. Last evening there was a annual Festival of Five Flags parade, and many people wore blue and gold to show support.

One of the Navy's finest is gone. Rest in piece, sir. Navy Chief

Crusader
June 5th, 2016, 05:07
Semper Fi to my all brother service men and women lost these past few days and my heart goes out to their families during this time of grief . :US-flag:

n4gix
June 5th, 2016, 07:11
One of the young men drowned in Texas was from Valparaiso, Indiana. A second year West Point Cadet, he was expected to graduate in 2018.

My prayers go out for all of those who's lives were cut so short, as well as their loved ones who're left to mourn their losses.

Navy Chief
June 5th, 2016, 13:08
Leave it to a city supervisor in San Francisco to come up with this idiotic request:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/SF-supervisor-seeks-to-bar-Blue-Angels-from-7962480.php

This moron wants to ban the Blue Angels from flying over the Bay City because the Blue Angels "strafe" neighborhoods. Capt. Kuss isn't even buried, and this is proposed. Shameful. NC

Allen
June 5th, 2016, 14:40
San Francisco.... That place has it head so far up its own @$$ that the next time they sneez it will cause them to turn them self inside out.

Rami
June 5th, 2016, 15:05
Allen,

Kudos for making me laugh...that's one of your best one-liners yet. Here in Yankee-land, I do identify as a quasi-liberal, but San Franciscans take it to a shameful level. :costumed-smiley-034

Wayland
June 5th, 2016, 15:59
Jut let a big earthquake hit, and see who calls for the military first.