PDA

View Full Version : Sky Simulations DC-9 on sale at JF

Bjoern
June 1st, 2016, 08:09
In case you like older aircraft, Sky Simulation's DC-9 series is on sale at JustFlight. This is the first and only time that I've seen these models discounted and I long wanted a DC-9 in FSX, so I used the oportunity and bought them to save me the hassle of spending hundreds or thousands of hours on developing the models myself.

http://justflight.com/product/sky-simulations-dc-9-fsx

I'm doing an on-the-fly review at Avsim and I quite like the offering so far, although I haven't even flown it yet.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/469312-sky-simulations-dc-9-v2/?p=3430140

Corvette99
June 1st, 2016, 10:48
I bought it years ago , recently tried to add it to FSXSE and it doesn't install , won't recognize the key . And their support help didn't work . Can't recommend .

flaviossa
June 1st, 2016, 10:53
I have it installed both in P3D and FSX-SE. Running perfectly in here. Love the plane!

Corvette99
June 1st, 2016, 11:16
I have it installed both in P3D and FSX-SE. Running perfectly in here. Love the plane!

I did love it when it worked , but that was a while ago . They won't support anymore though , so I can' no longer do anything .

Bjoern
June 1st, 2016, 11:56
I left out the space when entering my first and last name in the installer and it worked perfectly. Maybe this does the trick?

Anyway, paints for v1 seem to work for v2 as well. Still missing a lot of operators though, seems I will have to put in a bit of paint work someday.

StormILM
June 1st, 2016, 13:22
I owned the original version in FS9 and then not long ago finally bought the FSX v2 version. Systems wise it's pretty good but still quite dated in visual standards. I had bought the newer & much nicer Coolsky/Flight1 DC-9 but much to my dismay it would not install on my system so I deleted the installer and got a refund. So I guess for the foreseeable future, this DC-9 is the only game in town for me..

Bjoern
June 1st, 2016, 14:46
Looks like I need to invest a bit more work to get the aircraft up to (personal) spec. Some of the custom sounds don't work and there's no load/save functionality for any other than the standard switches.
Engine spool curves are also pretty much default.

Anyone want to return the favor with some paints?

Bjoern
June 3rd, 2016, 08:00
While working on mods, I found out that the windscreen wiper system had straight been pulled from my Cv-580 conversion. They didn't even rename the variables. I know that I passed the source files around a bit and one of the recipients must've been one of the devs. Anyway that's one way to leave a lasting mark in the add-on world. :biggrin-new:

wombat666
June 4th, 2016, 01:04
This one is a bit strange, none of the repaints on their web site supposedly for Version 2 are working on my rig.
Why do these Muppets think we need an installer to load up a new paint scheme.
Curiously, it feels (and looks) just like the FS9 version.
Rather annoying to put it mildly.
Bugger!!!!!!
:redfire:

flaviossa
June 4th, 2016, 05:45
All the repaints in their site works ok with V2. I know because i have all of them installed. Did you run the pre-livery tool?
http://www.skysimulations.com/other/SKYSIM_DC9PLIVTool.exe

wombat666
June 4th, 2016, 09:06
All the repaints in their site works ok with V2. I know because i have all of them installed. Did you run the pre-livery tool?
http://www.skysimulations.com/other/SKYSIM_DC9PLIVTool.exe

Now I feel really stupid!
Thanks for reminding me of what I overlooked flaviossa!!!
:frown-new:

Lane Street
June 4th, 2016, 10:02
Does this package include the C-9 models as well?

Nothing noted that it does on the website.

cheers,
Lane

wombat666
June 5th, 2016, 02:59
Does this package include the C-9 models as well?

Nothing noted that it does on the website.

cheers,
Lane

No, costs extra as an 'Add On Pack'.

Bjoern
June 5th, 2016, 07:13
The repaint installers install to "C:\Sims\..." by default. So let them install the paints there and then do the actual installation manually.
Running the pre-livery tool did nothing for me.

There's a paint for a USAF C-9B on Avsim: usafc9b.zip