PDA

View Full Version : Northrop Gamma

RKinkor
June 1st, 2016, 08:03
I was going to ask this earlier today but was initially reluctant because of possible backlash because of the locked thread below. Does anybody have the Northrop Gamma from Icarus Gold. I have always wanted a Gamma but have been reluctant because the Duck incident (which I side with Freeware Developer BTW) but it appears no one else is going to make one so. How is it? Is it worth the money they are asking for it at PC Aviator as I will not but directly from him? Or is it too outdated compared to other aircraft of the same era being offer now? Please do NOT turn this in to a rehashing of the whole previously mentioned incident. If it does Admins please lock and delete this thread.

wellis
June 1st, 2016, 08:18
I was going to ask this earlier today but was initially reluctant because of possible backlash because of the locked thread below. Does anybody have the Northrop Gamma from Icarus Gold. I have always wanted a Gamma but have been reluctant because the Duck incident (which I side with Freeware Developer BTW) but it appears no one else is going to make one so. How is it? Is it worth the money they are asking for it at PC Aviator as I will not but directly from him? Or is it too outdated compared to other aircraft of the same era being offer now? Please do NOT turn this in to a rehashing of the whole previously mentioned incident. If it does Admins please lock and delete this thread.

I have the model of which you speak. It is "okay" and seemed to work well enough in FSX, though it is certainly dated. I purchased it early on after it was first released (a number of years ago), but do not have it installed at the moment, primarily because when I tried reinstalling, maybe four years back, my installation "key" would no longer work and IG never responded to my requests for a solution. I suppose because it was expected of me to re-purchase it. It is the only Gamma out there as far as I know, that actually looks like a Gamma.

Anthin
June 1st, 2016, 14:36
Bought it some years ago before the Duck carry on.
Flies ok
and overall not bad for it's time.

Anthin.

RKinkor
June 2nd, 2016, 03:34
Thanks guys!

RKinkor
June 6th, 2016, 04:34
If anybody is interested, I found a Freeware Gamma that Paul Clawson released in 2006 at Flightsim.

Javis
June 6th, 2016, 07:05
I always search for info about a plane i'm not familiar with and thus stumbled over this review : http://www.avsim.com/pages/0209/Icarus/Gamma.htm

I bet you know about Aerosoft's Hughes H-1 ?... Still one of the most superior FSX models if you ask me.

cheers,
jan