PDA

View Full Version : Ship Panel and Sould Folders

stuart277
May 22nd, 2016, 16:25
CFS2 Sound and Panel Blanks

In the Sim-Outhouse CFS2 forum Allen said that any ships that have 'empty' sound and panel folders could cause problems.

I think that some of my ships have 'empty' sound and panel folders so there are two file in this down load with sound and panel folders with a 'blank' text file.

Cheers.

Stuart 277

Allen
May 22nd, 2016, 22:30
Don't think that was me...

Shessi
May 22nd, 2016, 23:45
Hi Stuart,

No it won't cause any probs. M$ shipped CFS2 with ships that had no sound or panel files, so no problems there.

Conversely, there's no harm in adding a panel, but it will not be called for, and may take extra time in loading.

Now sound is an odd thing, if there is no actual sound files (yes, to a sound folder coz the sim might crash otherwise), then there is no sound available(!). If you add sound files do AI and ships and other things then have sound that can be heard? Or sounds are just not called for ships, and so no sound no matter what files are in the sound folder.

There is an xship.wav in the main sounds folder, but I don't know what that relates to.

Give it a go.

Cheers

Shessi

Allen
May 22nd, 2016, 23:55
xship.wav is used when you are in Chase View sitting on the CV deck.

stuart277
May 23rd, 2016, 00:30
Don't think that was me...

Hi Allen,

I am not sure that it was you, but the general info was in a thread in the last month and I thought it was a comment from you.

I have been trying to install cfs2 stuff on our laptop and I do get things mixed up.

Cheers,

Stuart

PS In case you have missed it, your MDLC Dos program works well on Windows 7/10:applause::applause::applause:

Rami
May 23rd, 2016, 00:37
Good morning,

This is really strange, because if you run the ClickTeam software to make an auto-installer, it will delete any empty folders, and then the ships do ot work. So you apparently may need the folders there, even if they are blank. :dizzy:

stuart277
May 23rd, 2016, 00:46
Hi Rami
I knew I saw it somewhere recently (sorry Allen). What thread was it in?
PS
Allen did a DPed update. It was really good. But I do not think it was in the 'download' area, a bit like my recent sound and panel files.
PS Typing on the small laptop is not easy for those with crabclaws so please understand my mistakes in typing

Rami
May 23rd, 2016, 00:51
Stuart277,

I don't recall the thread, but it has come up from time to time. :mixed-smiley-010:

Allen
May 23rd, 2016, 07:51
Rami:
Ships need the folders but they can empty folders as that is how the stock ships are. Adding blank text file should have no effect.

Rami and stuart277:

I posted the updated DPED.exe and DPED.ini as an attachment in the below link.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?99675-DP-File-Gun-Trigger-4&p=1016338&viewfull=1#post1016338