PDA

View Full Version : Power lines crossing add on scenery

JensOle
May 20th, 2016, 05:18
Hi,
I’m having a problem with high power lines crossing over the RAF Banff scenery by Al Nix (going by Oldpropfan here at the SoH) in P3D V3.1.
I’m running UT X Europe and The Banff scenery is on top of the scenery list. All other default scenery is excluded from the Banff scenery, but for some reason the power lines comes and cross the airfield.
Any advice?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Scrshot225.jpg~original

falcon409
May 20th, 2016, 05:39
Would a change in land class correct the problem Jens? Not sure what tools you work with, but SBuilderX can place (or replace) land class with a few clicks.

stovall
May 20th, 2016, 05:49
SBuilderX changing land class may do it. Also try to edit them out with ADE. Try an exclusion rectangle selecting all to be safe. Do this on both sides of the airfield for as far as you need to. I have removed other objects this way.

JensOle
May 20th, 2016, 06:00
I'm afraid I don't have much experience with scenery modification beside simply opening the add on scenery bgl file in ADE for fixing the taxiway list issue in P3D. My skills are lacking for any mods..

JensOle
May 20th, 2016, 06:05
I have made this exclusion are in ADE, but nothing changes in the sim.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Scrshot226.jpg~original

Meshman
May 20th, 2016, 06:58
Power lines are a vector component and the towers come along as part of the autogen assigned to Utility1 or Utility2, as best I recall.

JensOle
May 20th, 2016, 13:24
The power lines disappear when turning the autogen building slider to low. Can this be fixed with an exclude file in ADE or what do I need to do (step by step please :-) )

ananda
May 20th, 2016, 14:37
Draw a terrain polygon over the pylons. Tag it with "Exclude General" -> "Utilities".

JensOle
May 20th, 2016, 15:03
I made a much bigger exclude box in ADE and for some reason it removed the power lines. Thanks for all inputs :-) Finally the Norwegian Mosquitos have a home where they don't crash into power lines on take off..