PDA

View Full Version : Why, oh why can't we get a Phantom???

JimC1702
February 4th, 2009, 08:57
It was one of the most widely used warbirds in the world. I'd give my right arm (maybe) for a quality F-4 from A2A, Alphasim, Razbam, or anybody else for that matter. C'mon guys, we need one BAD!

I've been flying the Alphasim F-105 from Thai airbases, but a Phantom with all the bells and whistles would be something else.

I'd also love to see the microSimulator T-37 Tweet done for FSX.

Maybe if we all line up and wave our credit cards....

Jim

chinookmark
February 4th, 2009, 09:17
My Paypal account is waving wildly!

Rezabrya
February 4th, 2009, 09:29
I would gladly pay for a quality Phantom from just about anybody (as long as they are good :P) One of my favorite birds and I can't believe nobody has made it yet.

fsafranek
February 4th, 2009, 10:00
A little bird told me that Mark Harper, who made the latest Phantom series no longer available
for Alphasim, will be rebuilding and updating that series for FSX. And not as portovers but FSX
from the ground up. I would think that by replacing the Alphasim proprietary parts he could
re-issue them for FS9 as well. But it's easy to suggest that when you're not doing the work. :whistle:

In anycase, perhaps this year?
:ernae:

pernik
February 4th, 2009, 10:07
A little bird told me that Mark Harper, who made the latest Phantom series no longer available
for Alphasim, will be rebuilding and updating that series for FSX. And not as portovers but FSX
from the ground up. I would think that by replacing the Alphasim proprietary parts he could
re-issue them for FS9 as well. But it's easy to suggest that when you're not doing the work. :whistle:

In anycase, perhaps this year?
:ernae:

That's great to hear, fingers crossed. Would be great if the existing texture mapping could be reused - would love to see Gus Robatto's , Pierre's and all the other great artists repaints shine in FSX.

N332DW
February 4th, 2009, 10:12
i've been flying the Iris Phantom for some time now in FSX , even done a few US Navy repaints for the FG1 model
(no square tail - looks like a J model) .... looks and flys like a champ

all depends on how pure your gold has to be i reckon ...

Shylock
February 4th, 2009, 10:13
I been looking for a great F-4J Phantom for the longest now and would love to see this. That and a A-4F Skyhawk. We want to do a heritage flight one night with the delta in one of each:

F-8F Bearcat
F-9F2 Panther
F-11F Tiger
F-4J Phantom
A-4F Skyhawk
F-18 Hornet

This would be one amzaing tribute. We have the Hornet, Bearcat and Tiger. Just need the rest.

kilo delta
February 4th, 2009, 10:14
What ever became of Cloud9? They hinted at an fsx'd Phantom but it's never materialised :(

Shylock
February 4th, 2009, 10:14
i've been flying the Iris Phantom for some time now in FSX , even done a few US Navy repaints for the FG1 model
(no square tail - looks like a J model) .... looks and flys like a champ

all depends on how pure your gold has to be i reckon ...

Ever consider doing a Blue Angels repaint for the Iris?

Prowler1111
February 4th, 2009, 10:15
Big Bird, (yeah, it was the same bird from sesame street)told me that a high profile design team (not us, RAZBAM, we are barely known by our postman)is working on a high detailed,close-to-reality, in deep (very, very deep) model of the Phamtom, and once released (whenever that is) it will be THE ultimate Phamtom..i havenīt seen it, but i know the guys behind this, and all i can say, it will blow your socks off once out there..
Prowler

Prowler1111
February 4th, 2009, 10:16
BTW, our A-4F Blue Angels does perform good in FSX SP2, which stands until we release the latest FSX native volumes..oopss..

Prowler

Shylock
February 4th, 2009, 10:19
BTW, our A-4F Blue Angels does perform good in FSX SP2, which stands until we release the latest FSX native volumes..oopss..

Prowler

You sir have become my new best friend ;p

kilo delta
February 4th, 2009, 10:19
Big Bird, (yeah, it was the same bird from sesame street)told me that a high profile design team (not us, RAZBAM, we are barely known by our postman)is working on a high detailed,close-to-reality, in deep (very, very deep) model of the Phamtom, and once released (whenever that is) it will be THE ultimate Phamtom..i havenīt seen it, but i know the guys behind this, and all i can say, it will blow your socks off once out there..
Prowler

Go on...give us a hint! :monkies: :)

I think that krazycolin mentioned that Milviz may produce an F-4 too :kilroy:

Prowler1111
February 4th, 2009, 10:25
Oh i would love to, but i just recieved a pm , and i quote:
"Are you out of your:a1451:mind!!, donīt blow out our cover you $·@#~€!!"

No kidding...
Prowler

kilo delta
February 4th, 2009, 10:28
No harm in a 'lil :gossip: :)

Can't wait for it to be released......whenever that may be :amen::ernae:

IanHenry
February 4th, 2009, 12:04
The Cloud9 Phantom was the ultimate F4; it was so good that I kept FS9 on my system specifically for that aircraft until fairly recently.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
When I bought the aircraft Cloud9 promised a free upgrade for FSX when it was released (the Phantom came out just before FSX was released), unfortunately they never made good on their promise which I’m still a little sore about!
<o:p> </o:p>
I am however looking forward to a new Phantom, will it include both US and British verities?
Regards,
Ian

empeck
February 4th, 2009, 12:12
I am however looking forward to a new Phantom, will it include both US and British verities?

And Luftwaffe too? :wavey:

;)

krazycolin
February 4th, 2009, 12:14
Not us... we're overwhelmed with other stuff at the moment...

Blade124
February 4th, 2009, 14:22
We don't have a release date set, but we are well into development of a phantom.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum_picts/phantom/phantom_in_development.jpg

Scott.

empeck
February 4th, 2009, 14:30
:jawdrop:

MCDesigns
February 4th, 2009, 14:33
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

IanP
February 4th, 2009, 14:35
After spending too much time around Accu-Sim, this just scares me. Still. :woot:

Oh. And I'll get a :help: in here as well, because I can see what's coming!

DennyA
February 4th, 2009, 14:37
Wow. That's stunning! The human model is very realistic, and the texturing on that recreation of the CAF hangar in Mesa, AZ is brilliant.

Nick C
February 4th, 2009, 14:39
You going to offer courses to fly this thing Scott?

Boomer
February 4th, 2009, 14:59
Outstanding news!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Barvan40
February 4th, 2009, 15:05
It just keeps getting better and better.

Shylock
February 4th, 2009, 15:10
I too are just like the rest of you gents :jawdrop:

VCN-1
February 4th, 2009, 15:10
That is great news!!

VCN-1

Akatsuki
February 4th, 2009, 15:15
Awesome news! :jump:

kilo delta
February 4th, 2009, 15:21
:faint:

Finally!!.......... and to think I mentioned a wish for an accusim'd native fsx Spook many months ago. I must be psychic :woot::woot:

Scratch
February 4th, 2009, 15:48
Whoa!!! jmig is gonna crap his britches when he sees that:ernae:

txnetcop
February 4th, 2009, 18:12
Ol' Scott is one awesome dude! :faint:

My first cousin flew an F4 during and for quite a while after Vietnam and I got to do the GIB for two hours. I will never forget it. Most fun you can have with your pants on. The pressure suit scared me more than the ride. After that ride I read everything I could get my hands on about the F4 and its varients. My home was filled with F4 models. I loved it and the P-40 more than life itself. When Cloud9 came out with their awesome model I was one happy wannabe. It is one of the reasons FS9 stays on my computer.

Thank you Scott for a view to the future...hope it is soon...sorry guys I know I said the "S" word.
Ted

Guy in Back is what they called their weapons and radar officer on this model...they had other names but we have to keep it clean

Navy Chief
February 4th, 2009, 18:18
Can you imagine what it was like to be the enemy, and see a Phantom come screaming over the tree tops?

Those aircraft looked fast, just parked on the flight line.

Chief

jeansy
February 4th, 2009, 18:48
What ever became of Cloud9? They hinted at an fsx'd Phantom but it's never materialised :(

yeah i miss my cloud9 in fsx

OMGJFCWTF @ A2A cant wait for that bad boy

SolarEagle
February 4th, 2009, 20:14
Oooh this must be from the new Wings on Burners product line. :jump:

Kiwikat
February 4th, 2009, 20:25
:jawdrop: Is this a joke? I hope not! WOW... This makes me nearly as excited as my new built computer does.

warchild
February 4th, 2009, 20:34
Best of luck on that Phantom.. it'd be awesome to see your phantom, our pig, and razbaams a-1 all together at the same time. It'd almost be like being back home.

MCDesigns
February 5th, 2009, 03:37
Best of luck on that Phantom.. it'd be awesome to see your phantom, our pig, and razbaams a-1 all together at the same time. It'd almost be like being back home.

Oh, you guys are doing an F-111 Aardvark? NICE!

I agree, that is a nice lineup!

Smudge
February 5th, 2009, 03:43
Aye, not to hijack the thread, but yes, we're doing a Pig this year...funnily enough I'm meeting up to chat 111 stuff with one of the pilots at the Australian International Airshow this year.. :D happens to be an old friend of mine who's also one of the testers..

At least this time I can say I've got a real F-111 driver giving us advice on the flight model..lol.

I'm looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into her.. :)

chinookmark
February 5th, 2009, 10:11
:jawdrop:

That's EXACTLY what I just did!

N332DW
February 5th, 2009, 12:13
the Iris does have a Clean display model but it has the Square FG2 tail - don't think you want a Blure Angels paint for that

Smudge
February 5th, 2009, 13:02
Although we keep getting asked to do a US birdy whilst we're planning on converting the existing FSX compatible bird to FSX native... who knows, but it won't be A2A quality.. ;) money is safe there lads.

Moses03
February 5th, 2009, 13:18
for Alphasim...

Off topic here, but have wondered what happened with Mark and Alphasim. His Dornier 217 is no longer available. :frown:

dhazelgrove
February 5th, 2009, 13:44
If we were to go for the 'definitive' Phantom in FSX, just how many models would we be discussing?
Assuming for the becoming-standard 'intelligent' load-outs, we'd need something like this:
1. For the USN/USMC: five models - F-4B, RF-4B, F-4J, F-4N and the gloriously slatted-wing F-4S.
2. For the USAF: six models - F-4C, RF-4C, F-4D, F-4E (both fixed and slatted-wing), F-4G.
3. For the UK: six models - FG.1 and FGR.2 (both with and without RWR pods and TACAN aerials on the tail, and periscopes in the port quarter-light).
4. For foreign oerators - three models - RF-4E, F-4EJ, F-4F.
If we want to be seriously definitive, we could get even more.

Don't get me started on the panel options.....

Dave

kilo delta
February 5th, 2009, 14:05
Although we keep getting asked to do a US birdy whilst we're planning on converting the existing FSX compatible bird to FSX native... who knows, but it won't be A2A quality.. ;) money is safe there lads.

The more FSX Phantoms, the better, David :applause::ernae:

deathfromafar
February 5th, 2009, 18:36
Off topic here, but have wondered what happened with Mark and Alphasim. His Dornier 217 is no longer available. :frown:

That has been discussed before here and in other places. Old news better left that way. I am glad I bought most of those models when they were available all of which still give great performance in FS9. I am very happy with his new Mirage through Skysim. Excellent model indeed. I am hoping to see his old models reborn into FSX as well as other models we heard about prior to this time.

Vigilius
February 6th, 2009, 03:57
Oh my GOD! A Phantom? I could kill for this :amen:

WONDERFULL!

jmig
February 6th, 2009, 09:41
For a chance to once again climb into that beast and sit my butt on that MB seat, caress the throttles, adjust the pedals and put the ankle cuffs on again... *sigh*

Navy Chief
February 6th, 2009, 10:57
If I could afford to have a MB seat for my flight sim, I'd already have one. Too darn expensive. And then there's the shipping.

NC

chinookmark
February 6th, 2009, 11:19
For a chance to once again climb into that beast and sit my butt on that MB seat, caress the throttles, adjust the pedals and put the ankle cuffs on again... *sigh*

Sounds like a crazy night with the missus.

warchild
February 6th, 2009, 11:47
One day i was walking across the base to my my post at the rear gate of Nha Trang ( a long long time ago in a life far far away ) when all of a sudden, the groind under my feet started shaking and dust began to rise. A couple seconds passed as this roar grew to such a level it blotted out even arty (which was busy having it's own unique conversation with charlie ) and all of a sudden this thing appears from the right and disappears to the left heading for cam rhan bay and it was all over just like that. That was an F-4. That was one memory i walked out of there with that was a good memory. Still tickles me that one little piece of metal could exhibit THAT much raw power. I slept well thaat night.

SolarEagle
February 6th, 2009, 12:12
That reminds of the the Blue Angels "sneak pass" maneuver. While the crowd is busy watching the guys out in front, two of them pass over from behind, doing 700mph in full AB at about 100ft. A real crowd pleaser.

warchild
February 6th, 2009, 12:53

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.Now WAIT a minute there ::pout:: A bit of good humored competition could be fun :D. Besides, you KNOW i'm not settling for anything less than getting that backflip exact :D..

Scratch
February 6th, 2009, 13:29

I was wondering when you would show up in this thread. Ain't this F4 a nice surprise? I might need some lessons on this one:applause:

jmig
February 6th, 2009, 14:37
Sounds like a crazy night with the missus.

:costumes: Which Missus? http://sc.webmessenger.msn.com/10.1.0323.0/session/images/emoticons/smile_wink.gif

Cowbays have thir house. Aviators have their babes too.

jmig
February 6th, 2009, 14:38
I was wondering when you would show up in this thread. Ain't this F4 a nice surprise? I might need some lessons on this one:applause:

That could be easily arranged. After I get re-checked out. http://sc.webmessenger.msn.com/10.1.0323.0/session/images/emoticons/smile_regular.gif

Scratch
February 6th, 2009, 14:46
First the P-47 and now this 'accidental announcement' of one of the most badass fighters of all time with the Accu-sim treatment..........Dang, life is good. Where's my bottle of Scotch.......time to celebrate:friday::jump::applause:

kilo delta
February 6th, 2009, 15:05
Any update on which model(s) will be be getting the A2A treatment? :gossip:

GT182
February 6th, 2009, 15:11
Me thinks I know where Blade is getting his F4 info and data from.... ;) :d

JIMJAM
February 6th, 2009, 15:33
I cursed many a time at Cloud 9's installation piracy software as it crashed and screwed up my system many times.That said, their F-104 and F4 provided me me hours and hours of some great flying.
CRTs and simular modern cockpits with glass displays just do not get along with my systems in FS9 or X.
Every plane I fly with glass displays just eat up fps like crazy. Throw in a hud and on my upper end rig, its 10-15 fps.
The Epic LT and Eaglesoft Cirrus planes were my last CRT display planes I bought and neither I can fly because of the performance hit.
Aerosofts F-16 is not too bad. I prefer the older aluminum and steam gauges over a carbon fiber video game with wings.
Look forward to this one.

VFR Reviews
February 6th, 2009, 19:25
Bless you A2A!

:D

Prowler1111
February 7th, 2009, 05:20
In the mean time, you can have fun with this one:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/f4jphantom05uc1.jpg

But it works on the Strike Figther series only!...i know, cruel joke...

Prowler

jmig
February 7th, 2009, 05:59

Prowler

:costumes:

To quote the immortal Hey Moe, "No chet."

Bjoern
February 7th, 2009, 06:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6SfTXA1ToY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdOkGca2rHg

:d

(Man, I *so* want to fire up Strike Fighters right now...)

tigisfat
February 7th, 2009, 16:36
I feel relatively lucky that I still get to see flying F-4's on a frequent basis. They seem to stop at Dyess for gas pretty often. They may only be drones slated for execution, but they come in with a pilot flying from the cockpit and always put on a little show.

MenendezDiego
February 7th, 2009, 17:32

Prowler
Please tell more!

warchild
February 7th, 2009, 17:50
wellll,, there IS always this one .. and it flies fine in fsx :)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/fs9-2007-12-17-10-58-51-50-.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/fs9-2007-12-17-11-01-37-42.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/fs9-2007-12-15-14-48-56-67.jpg

it's Iris's f-4 one of the navy models..

N332DW
February 8th, 2009, 06:08
i might have to re-install Strike fighters as well - But i already have it in FSX - my repaint of the Iris F-4...

http://fitzgeba.home.comcast.net/~fitzgeba/irisF4.jpg

warchild
February 8th, 2009, 18:52
i might have to re-install Strike fighters as well - But i already have it in FSX - my repaint of the Iris F-4...

SImply beautiful.. nicely done :D ( yeahh, i li8ke em clean. They went through hell, so they deserve to be kept clean in my weird veiw of the world )

Tweek
June 3rd, 2009, 05:43
I feel relatively lucky that I still get to see flying F-4's on a frequent basis. They seem to stop at Dyess for gas pretty often. They may only be drones slated for execution, but they come in with a pilot flying from the cockpit and always put on a little show.

The QF-4E's are lovely - always good to have a bit of dayglo orange on an aircraft!

If there's an F-4E/F in this upcoming pack then you'll certainly have another customer in me. Always preferred the longer nose Phantoms.

Bone
June 3rd, 2009, 07:13
I'd like to help Tweek keep this thread going. Long live the Phantom, Cheers.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2009-6-2_21-36-29-679.jpg

Daube
June 3rd, 2009, 08:09
I just love the F-4, all the generations of it, it's one of the most impressive flying machines.
The only thing that dissapoint me is that there's already been several payware versions of that plane, but never a single freeware F-4 with VC was ever made in the whole FS history. I hope it's somewhere on Piglet's list, as far as possible from the bottom ;)

JAMIE
June 3rd, 2009, 08:37
If A2A does it I am buying it.

dhazelgrove
June 3rd, 2009, 13:30
Maybe it's on RAZBAM's list - immediately after their 'Deuce', of course.
Meanwhile, this port-over is a great comfort.....

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/dhazelgrove/Screen-Thursday-003-3.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/dhazelgrove/Screen-Sunday-005.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/dhazelgrove/Screen-Wednesday-002.jpg

Bone
June 3rd, 2009, 15:15
OK, I just couldn't resist. These are Bruce Fitzgerald repaints on the Iris bird.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2009-6-3_18-49-50-107.jpg

Bjoern
June 3rd, 2009, 15:20
I hope it's somewhere on Piglet's list, as far as possible from the bottom ;)

Well, if time isn't an issue at all I'll gladly put it on mine. Might have this thing done some time after the 328, which means shortly before the FSXI release. :d

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the Rhino in its best role - all-weather fighter.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/th_SFP1_Break.jpg (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/SFP1_Break.jpg)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/th_SFP1_BurnBurn.jpg (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/SFP1_BurnBurn.jpg)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/th_SFP1_Close_Call.jpg (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/SFP1_Close_Call.jpg)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/th_SFP1_Gunkill.jpg (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/SFP1_Gunkill.jpg)

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/th_SFP1_PFM.jpg (http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/t3h_3vil/Flightsim/SFP1_PFM.jpg)