PDA

View Full Version : Trees ???

T Square
May 3rd, 2016, 07:12
What Trees are the best to use in FSX ? Can't find Gerrish Gray's Trees anymore, is there better out there ?

vora
May 3rd, 2016, 09:20
I would recommend OrbX' FTX Trees HD. It's on sale currently.
https://fullterrain.com/product/ftxtreeshd

dhasdell
May 3rd, 2016, 11:28
If you don't want to bother with full Orbx scenery, then the trees package is worth getting

MikeH
May 3rd, 2016, 11:51
Could anyone tell me if OrbX' FTX Trees HD is OK to use with Horizon's Gen X scenery?

Thanks

Mike

DaveB
May 3rd, 2016, 12:13
Have a look at the compatibility section over at ORBX Mike. I seem to remember 3rd party scenery being mentioned.

ATB
DaveB:)

fsafranek
May 3rd, 2016, 13:59
Can OrbX' FTX Trees HD be used for commercial products or is it strictly for freeware projects?
:ernaehrung004:

Roger
May 3rd, 2016, 14:00
If Horizon's Gen X scenery is photo scenery then no. Trees need to be planted individually on photo scenery.

roger-wilco-66
May 3rd, 2016, 20:50
If Horizon's Gen X scenery is photo scenery then no. Trees need to be planted individually on photo scenery.

I have the ORBX Tree package. They are just replacement textures of the original ones, and nice looking ones if I may add. If you plant such a tree, and it doesn't matter if it's annotated to photo scenery or to landclass tiles or directly from the library BGL, the default FSX 3d model with it's default GUID gets loaded. If you don't have the tree package, the default texture shows. If you have TreeX, the ORBX texture shows. So I can't see any compatibility issues.

The only issue with copyright would be if you make your own tree models and use the ORBX textures, and distribute it. That's a no no, of course.

Cheers,
Mark

nigel richards
May 3rd, 2016, 20:52
I believe I've spent more hours trying to come up with a better solution for realistic trees than anything else...

Perhaps one day It'll click. :dizzy:

Hilltop copses, lush forest, hedgerows bursting with life...

tgycgijoes
May 4th, 2016, 14:03
I am using the vegetation that comes with FSX for all the trees in NAS Alameda and they look pretty good to me for free. Easy to place anywhere you want with ADE and with the thumbnails you can see what they look like before you use them. I am using Google Earth and other doc's I have of the Air Station.