PDA

View Full Version : USS Midway full flight simulator

Captain Kurt
April 29th, 2016, 19:01
Just got back from San Diego, there on business. But I had a whole evening to visit the carrier USS Midway. I got to fly one of their $25,000.00 full motion fighter flight simulators. You strap in to an enclosed cockpit with a video panel view projected in front of you. It moves in all flight attitudes 360 degrees matching the attitude and direction you are flying the airplane in complete with G forces. Very realistic. But guess what the combat simulation software was? Pure CFS2 - flying an F4F against Zeros!! I got one too. LOL

Now, where am I going to come up with $25,000 to buy one? :biggrin-new:

Allen
April 29th, 2016, 19:44
Did you tell them they they need to update to OH aircraft?

dasuto247
April 30th, 2016, 08:53
Just got back from San Diego, there on business. But I had a whole evening to visit the carrier USS Midway. I got to fly one of their $25,000.00 full motion fighter flight simulators. You strap in to an enclosed cockpit with a video panel view projected in front of you. It moves in all flight attitudes 360 degrees matching the attitude and direction you are flying the airplane in complete with G forces. Very realistic. But guess what the combat simulation software was? Pure CFS2 - flying an F4F against Zeros!! I got one too. LOL

Now, where am I going to come up with $25,000 to buy one? :biggrin-new:

I will have to check that out sometime.Well CFS 2, despite it's age is still an excellent sim.I like it more than anything else have flown, even IL-2 modded(heavily).I am sure with all the 3rd party stuff on here, plus the full motion aspect would quite an experience.

kelticheart
May 2nd, 2016, 00:39
I will have to check that out sometime.Well CFS 2, despite it's age is still an excellent sim.......

Yeah! :encouragement:

Let's only hope to be able keeping it compatible with present time OS like Win8, or, worse, Win10. I keep reading about SOH members' OS migration nightmares here and I think about the dreadful moment I'll have to purchase a new machine that will not take XP for love or money........

Now, where am I going to come up with $25,000 to buy one?

Mmmmmm......a new mortgage perhaps? :costumed-smiley-034

KH :adoration: