PDA

View Full Version : FSNorthwest / Milton's Classic Spartan

doublecool
October 7th, 2008, 14:53
Roger... :wavey: you posted a screen shot of the FSNorthwest.net release of Milton Shupe's Classic Spartan

Repaint By Damian Radice Black and yellow livery, "The aristocrat of the Air"

I can get the paint to show but I can't get engine wheels and gear to show but in grey unpainted? :kilroy:

Tried using just paint textures with config file using urs textures as fallback???:redf:
So I tried the complete textures that came with the original paint download and nothing either...:banghead:

So how did ya get it to work :d

Roger
October 7th, 2008, 15:10
Yep,
That's because Mike placed all those missing parts in a single texture file. I copied and pasted the extras in the repaint files I uploaded here. If you pm me your e.mail I will send you that file.

Roger.

spotlope
October 7th, 2008, 16:03
Never mind. Bonehead comment.

Henry
October 7th, 2008, 17:06
Never mind. Bonehead comment.
i never said a word :costumes:
H

Brett_Henderson
October 8th, 2008, 05:51
Sorry if I hi-jack this thread :wiggle:

The Spartan was one of my very favorite FS9 planes.. and I'm excited to find a true, FSX version :mixedsmi:

HOWEVER... I'm one of those guys who starts every flight cold and dark.. and i can't get the Spartan to start normally (Ctrl+E works).

Battery on, mixture rich, magnetos both, fuel to full tank....

Crank but no start :banghead:

Am I over-looking something ?

-------

I've tried the obvious.. switching to the C712, and yes, the fuel cut-off knob was out... I pushed it back in and then switched back to the Spartan.. No start ..

Even after a "Ctrl+E" start... and then sut down (doing nothing but pulling the mixture).. it will not re-start EXCEPT via Ctrl+E..

Any ideas ??

Roger
October 8th, 2008, 10:08
Brett,
Under [piston_engine] in the aircraft.cfg
make sure this line appears thus:
normalized_starter_torque=0.35

Works for me:jump:

doublecool
October 8th, 2008, 15:36
Roger, Thanks again and the start tip works perfect:applause:

Most likely me but take a look at the paint on the yellow did I do somethin to the back paint:kilroy:

Dexdoggy
October 8th, 2008, 16:41
Brett,
Under [piston_engine] in the aircraft.cfg
make sure this line appears thus:
normalized_starter_torque=0.35

Works for me:jump:

Roger,
Great tip, I thought it was only me! I will give this a try!:mixedsmi:

Brett_Henderson
October 8th, 2008, 17:31
Yeah.. GREAT tip.. (I responded in the other thread too)..

This Spartan is one of the all-time great models, freeware OR payware. It challenges and rewards real piloting skills, and has that "real" aura to it. I'm not familiar witth a real Spartan, so the little things that I've caught, might very well be the same things you gotta deal with in a real one..lol

As a compulsive flight planner, I kinda like that the center-main tank has no gauge. It reminds you to check your fuel before taking off.. and adds to the challenge of in-flight fuel management on long flights.

The only thing I've modified, are the background images for the tach and MP gauge (so they display actual red-lines)... and I've adjusted the rudder deflection (limits in the geometry paragraph, not flight tuning), as it needed just bit too much rudder for properly coordinated turns (but again.. for all I know, the real Spartan behaves that way)...

As for tail-dragger landings.. it REALLY makes fly by the numbers and stabilize the approach, or you'll bounce and have to go around..

All in all... it's truly a pilot's sim-plane.. a MUST have !

Roger
October 8th, 2008, 23:22
Roger, Thanks again and the start tip works perfect:applause:

Most likely me but take a look at the paint on the yellow did I do somethin to the back paint:kilroy:

Looks like it's a little blurry. It is a .dds texture file and perhaps turning it back to .bmp would help on your set-up?