PDA

View Full Version : JBK & Mike Stevens DC-6/DC-7 textures causing CTD in FSX

SSI01
April 24th, 2016, 18:16
I posted a similar thread to this one a day or so ago but decided to combine the two issues because this is becoming truly troublesome. I am having a great deal of difficulty in getting some of the DC-6 and DC-7 aircraft and textures put out by JBK and Mike Stevens to show in my copy of FSX. They cause a dialog box to open outside of the FSX screen saying FSX is shutting down. I can get a few seconds of the texture to appear in the viewing box in the FSX screen, but the image does not rotate and eventually causes a CTD. The sim can read the texture or the image wouldn't appear, but that's as far as it gets. I've gone to great lengths to ensure the titles of the aircraft in question match the folder name in the sim (i.e., folder "JBK Douglas DC6" will have titles such as "JBK Douglas DC6 AAL" in the cfg. These folders have instructions in them for adding liveries that have been followed. I've noted each one of them I've tried to open shows a grey generic aircraft symbol in the FSX viewing box for individual aircraft to be selected from. This problem is occurring only with individual aircraft that do not have a thumbnail image in their texture folder. I've even tried copying a config entry from a texture I know works to a position farther down in the config list, then editing appropriate sections to reflect the texture that is giving me problems, hoping the balance of the config entry will not give me any problems. I still run into this issue. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

EDIT: None of them are working, not even those with an image in the aircraft menu. They all cause CTDs. If I'm recalling correctly, I didn't see anything at the CalClassic website that said these things wouldn't work in FSX. If that the case, however?

Willy
April 25th, 2016, 04:20
Actually, the California Classic ones (Tom Gibson & Co.) work quite well in FSX with just one exception. I'd just about bet money that you've got the slow start still in there. It works great in FS2004, but will cause CTDs in FSX.

I don't have the JBK ones so I can't comment on those.

SSI01
April 25th, 2016, 06:13
Thanks, Willy. Let me pop those files and see if it's in there.

EDIT: I use the dc7pnlkmcc for the -7s and the dc6pnlkmcc for the -6s. Each of them has those lines at the bottom of the panel .cfg file - like this:

//gauge65=CC_Engine_Control!Engine_Control, 8,8,5,5
//gauge66=Z_DC6KMTG!ENGINE_AUTOSTART_4, 5,5,11,11
//gauge67=Z_DC6KMTG!AIRCRAFT_RELOAD, 10,10,11,11

All three are disabled so they shouldn't be read by the sim. If that is the case, I'm really at a loss here.