PDA

View Full Version : Adapting Morton's Hellcat Skins To Allen's F6F-5 Help

Typhoon Willy
April 21st, 2016, 12:20
Hi all,

I've started applying Morton's F6F-5 skins to Allen's F6F-5 (Late) Hellcat, just renaming certain textures, no problem there. However, the default decal insignia (decal_insignia_t0 in the main CFS2 Texture folder) overlays on the wings creating a "shadow" effect. I know that in some cases, an "alpha-ed out" version of decal_insignia_t0 is included with some skins to avoid this conflict, Morton's skins did not come with this particular texture. However, when I try to use one of the textures from another plane, it leaves a white patch on part of the left wing (upper and lower surfaces). I believe these are in DXT3 format. I'm sure there's a fix for this, I just don't know enough about textures to solve this issue, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

TW

Allen
April 21st, 2016, 12:49
None of my aircraft use the default decal_insignia_t0.bmp and decal_insignia_d0.bmp

They use decal_insignia_t.bmp and decal_insignia_d.bmp. Just take the "0" out of any of the blank decals you have and put it into the F6F Late texture folder.

gMax won't use the damage logic with textures that end in _t0.bmp and _d0.bmp. They have to end in _t.bmp and _d.bmp.

Typhoon Willy
April 21st, 2016, 12:59
Allen,

Thanks again for your assistance!

TW