PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good facetracknoir settings.

PhantomP
April 21st, 2016, 01:08
Hello,I just recently started using the facetracknoir program with FSX,and it works fairly good,but,I am wondering if anybody else here uses it?,and if they could please post,or send me their settings that work well for them.Thanks

Daube
April 21st, 2016, 01:43
I used it for quite a while.
Unfortunately, there are no "good" settings. It will wastly depend on:
- the webcam you're using
- the amount of light in your room and the distance between the webcam and your face
- your face... yes, your face shape/color/beard etc... will greatly impact the face recognition efficiency.

The quality of the picture you get with the webcam will impact the precision of the face recognition, leading to less or more instability of the position. Depending on that, you'll have to increase or decrease the "smoothing" slider. Of course, increasing this setting leads to more stable position, but also more latency. It's up to you to find the balance that best suits your needs.

PhantomP
April 21st, 2016, 12:48
I used it for quite a while.
Unfortunately, there are no "good" settings. It will wastly depend on:
- the webcam you're using
- the amount of light in your room and the distance between the webcam and your face
- your face... yes, your face shape/color/beard etc... will greatly impact the face recognition efficiency.

The quality of the picture you get with the webcam will impact the precision of the face recognition, leading to less or more instability of the position. Depending on that, you'll have to increase or decrease the "smoothing" slider. Of course, increasing this setting leads to more stable position, but also more latency. It's up to you to find the balance that best suits your needs.Thanks Daube,I guess,I will experiment a bit with smoothing.

vortex
April 21st, 2016, 15:48
Hello,I just recently started using the facetracknoir program with FSX,and it works fairly good,but,I am wondering if anybody else here uses it?,and if they could please post,or send me their settings that work well for them.Thanks

If you want to see the full potential of FaceTrackNoIR then make yourself an LED clip and use it with the PointTracker tracker source. When properly set up it's as good as TrackIR for a fraction of the price.

PhantomP
April 22nd, 2016, 01:44
If you want to see the full potential of FaceTrackNoIR then make yourself an LED clip and use it with the PointTracker tracker source. When properly set up it's as good as TrackIR for a fraction of the price.Thanks for the info vortex,can you please post a link on how to build an led clip.