PDA

View Full Version : Kelticheart, can you help me?

Rami
April 19th, 2016, 02:47
Stefano,

For the Mediterranean bits and pieces pack, (one of the last few things on my Med list) I am using your Piaggio P.108 update, but I can't get to get the textures correct for the Piaggio P.108B.

I'm using your package...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=150&id=19736

Any ideas? :dizzy:

kdriver
April 19th, 2016, 03:34
Are these the textures you're looking for Andrew?

Rami
April 19th, 2016, 04:49
Kevin,

Indeed they are, thanks!

kelticheart
April 20th, 2016, 02:49
Hi Rami,

the reason why you didn't find the wing textures in my package is because I usually try to avoid duplicating contents in my uploads. Since I hadn't done any work on the wing textures, I did not include them, pointing the downloader towards the original repaint pack that did include them.

I routinely unzip new addons and get rid of duplicated contents such as gauges, redundant model files, conversion leftover files, multiple texture copies of the same detail like a radial engine or a pilot's dress and so on, before repacking the essential new addons and archive them.

Over the years, I always commented negatively about duplicating materials in the addon packs, but it's a lost battle. As a consequence, every so often SOH needs fund raising drives to purchase larger HDD's, because the libraries are running out of room.

I agree that just unzipping and installing because everything is there, it's definitely easier but, to me, it encourages only waste of HDD space. And quite a lazybone attitude, if I may add.

In order to be forgiven, I am going to send you via e-mail the P.108 2d panel/gauge improvements I did since that upload. :untroubled:

Stef :wavey:

Rami
April 20th, 2016, 02:52
Stefano,

Okay...I forgive you. But only because you are sending me the files...lol.

By the way, I've given a lot of thought to your challenge about repeating uploads, and came up with an idea discussing it with Kdriver.

During the summer, I'm going to create a single MTO Theatre of Operations scenery pack that will be used by ALL of the auto-installers that I upload. This will markedly cut down on hard drive space used, not to mention other problems.

kelticheart
April 20th, 2016, 03:08
Stefano,

Okay...I forgive you. But only because you are sending me the files...lol.

By the way, I've given a lot of thought to your challenge about repeating uploads, and came up with an idea discussing it with Kdriver.

During the summer, I'm going to create a single MTO Theatre of Operations scenery pack that will be used by ALL of the auto-installers that I upload. This will markedly cut down on hard drive space used, not to mention other problems.

Good idea, my friend!

I have MVG3d's FS9 M.C. 202 Folgore three-pack conversion for CFS2 ready to be uploaded on my pc. Do you know what's still keeping me? I am still calculating how I will split the entire conversion up without duplicating anything in each pack.

The install instructions will also have to be written to indicate correctly where everything will be.

It's one heck of a job, believe me! :fatigue:

Stef :wavey: