PDA

View Full Version : As far as I know,...

smilo
September 26th, 2008, 13:55
last night,
there was talk of things moving real slow.
Earlier today, I saw that SOH was shut down for a Reboot.
Now, it seems that all posts are gone.
Members are returning to empty Forums
and wondering WT:censored:
I have no doubt that the Admins are working on it
and will report as soon as information becomes available.

smilo
September 26th, 2008, 14:06
There is a Notice Board above,
It appears that there has been a database crash.

smilo
September 26th, 2008, 14:11
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=16

Ivan
September 27th, 2008, 21:18
Just hate it whennat happens!

- Ivan.

smilo
September 29th, 2008, 14:04
Greetings All,
The cause of the crash has been found.
Here is a link to an explanation of what happened;
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=290

Johnny
September 29th, 2008, 16:41
~S~ All,

smilo, I told them not to let Dodge's wife clean that room.

j:costumes:

hubbabubba
October 2nd, 2008, 07:55
From the look of the new header, I presume that the "old" forum table has been pronounced clinically dead...:173go1:.

I should have some new threads up my sleeves quite soon, but the link to the "old goodies" archived should, at least, be revived. Or is it dead too?:kilroy:

tdenton
October 2nd, 2008, 12:09
but the link to the "old goodies" archived should, at least, be revived. Or is it dead too? Do you mean this one? http://www.sim-outhouse.com/master_ftp/cfs/

smilo
October 2nd, 2008, 15:22
thanks td..that might be it.

hubbabubba
October 2nd, 2008, 18:08
Thanks tdenton.:applause:

This is half of it. The other link was for WWI string-bags for CFS1... any idea?

hubbabubba
October 2nd, 2008, 18:09
How can my post be edited by GreenGhost? (see above):kilroy:

Last edited by GreenGhost; June 13th, 2005 at 10:23. Reason: More thoughts...
???????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure SOH is really back on the rails, do you?

Dangerousdave26
October 2nd, 2008, 18:30
hubbabubba

Look at the edit date it is from back in 2005.

some how the database still is keeping track of what happened to this thread number in that post. It was edited back then by that person. This is happening all over the forums the same way. It is probably not a real problem but might be really hard to fix.

Johnny
October 2nd, 2008, 21:50
~S~ All,

Well I guess there at least 26 D-Dave's. What do you think smilo?

j:isadizzy:

Dangerousdave26
October 3rd, 2008, 05:25
~S~ All,

Well I guess there at least 26 D-Dave's. What do you think smilo?

j:isadizzy:

Could be more :icon_lol:

If your name is Dave somebody eventually tags you with Dangerous. Sometimes it sticks.

There is a story on why it is 26 but I can't find a picture right now so I will post that later.

tdenton
October 3rd, 2008, 07:20
This is half of it. The other link was for WWI string-bags for CFS1... any idea?

Biplanes:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/master_ftp/cfs/cfs-aircraft/bi-planes/

Just tried it and the link still works.

hubbabubba
October 3rd, 2008, 08:10
tdenton, I would kiss you on both cheek!... :redf:

Now, dear SOH administrators, how about making those links into a "sticky note"?

P.S.- I saw the date, Dangerousdave26, but having a "ghost" wander in one of my post was a bit eerie :eek:...

... and may cause, again, instabilities in the future :banghead:, not to mention confusion :isadizzy:.

P.P.S.- Actually, tdenton, I now see that the second link is within the first. I thought they were on independent branches. They're a couple of other sub-folders worth exploring there. Thanks again!

Skyferret
October 4th, 2008, 00:14
So there's been a bit of a system crash? Well, me too. Just in case anyone is wondering where the Ferret has been. My compy's been down a while. It is quite unbootable. "R" for repair won't budge. Try to format won't budge either. This might also be a physical defect and the HD is pooched. I'm using the computer at work to send this message. Hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

Sky

smilo
October 4th, 2008, 04:19
me, too...:banghead:
my main gamer has taken to shutting down and sometimes rebooting, sometimes not.
sometimes, I get the dreaded blue screen with this,

****Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
***The system has halted***

ominous, to say the least.
have done an R&R of the vid card and drivers.
now, removing programs.
one other odd thing, Grab, Click and Save shuts down and wants to send an error report. only on that machine.
I smell a conflict, but can't find it, yet.

Don't make me reformat...:isadizzy:...I mean it.

-------------------------------------------

does anyone have a conspiracy theory?

Johnny
October 4th, 2008, 07:33
~S~ smilo,

Wipe that drive clean and start over again, again, again.... Consider it practice for when you get Vista. Soon you will be like me, me, me.... I have not had any Vista problems in over two days, days days, two days.... My latest problem comes from Adobe. It turns all of my .air files into compressed PDFs. Also, AVG, will not let me host CFS, yet. I will work of that later today.

J.:isadizzy:

smilo
October 4th, 2008, 07:45
as I recall, about a month or so ago, there was a thread at the FS 2002/2004 Forum regarding the Adobe/air file problem.
I am not sure, but I think the consensus was to not install the latest Adobe upgrade.
I will double check on that one.

Johnny
October 4th, 2008, 07:48
~S~ smilo,

That is the answer.

Dangerousdave26
October 4th, 2008, 14:56
~S~ smilo,

That is the answer.

The answer is to go into the file associations and delete .air from adobe. Look and see if Adobe has a setting that will keep it from changing file association automatically. Usually in tools and options but you may have to search for it.

smilo
October 4th, 2008, 17:40
I don't use the latest Adobe upgrade, so I don't have the problem.
Here is a quoted post from Douglas, SOH Senior Admin;

"Think its something to do with this
http://www.adobe.com/products/air/ (http://www.adobe.com/products/air/)
doesn't change them to pdf, but associates .air files to their programme making them unreadable by flightsim software. Unless adobe changes their extension, you will not be able to run both on the same computer"

So, the solution would seem to be;
If you are a Flight Simmer,
which I think I can safely say,
99.99% of us are,
DO NOT INSTALL Adobe Air
If you already have,
Uninstall it.

I hope this helps.
--------------------------------
now Adobe is probably going to come looking for me.:icon_lol:
please note the quivering lip

Ivan
October 4th, 2008, 18:27
Hi Smilo,

Here's the part I dont understand: Why would an association cause an issue here? The association only links the file type to a default action or program to open it (by my non-windows understanding). If your program such as CFS wants to open a file type associated with something else, why should it cause problems? Most of my graphics files are associated with GIMP but when I use MS Paint to open those files, nothing bad happens. It is only when I double click on the file (default action) when GIMP is used.

- Ivan.

Johnny
October 4th, 2008, 20:39
~S~ All,

The program is "Adobe.air" and when you look in the aircrafts file you see all of the folders and files, except the .air file appears as a box (almost like a wrar.zip), not a sheet of paper.

If you see that box, go to your control panel and delete the Adobe.air program. You do not need it.

j.:cost1:

winslow33
October 7th, 2008, 11:57
How can my post be edited by GreenGhost? (see above):kilroy:

???????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not sure SOH is really back on the rails, do you?

Just out of curiosity, if this GreenGhost person signs in, would thier profile say that thier last activity was editing hubbabubba's post? Or is this just little bits of the old threads coming through??:isadizzy: (Reminds me of the Paralel Universe Theory.:costumes:)